Lunar Eclipse Tonight!

Hi folks!  In case you didn’t know, the first lunar eclipse of the year is tonight.  It’s not 100% visible from most of Alaska, but even a partial eclipse is quite amazing to watch.  If you want more info, you can check out this link: http://www.space.com/25485-total-lunar-eclipse-weather-forecast.html

The tl;dr version: Lunar eclipse between 10pm and 2am. Total eclipse at 11pm (AKDT).

If you can’t see it, you there’s a link on the site above to watch the eclipse live.  I’m not sure if the clouds will be clear enough in St. Mary’s tonight, but if they are I’ll try to get some photos.

Happy sky watching!

3 comments for “Lunar Eclipse Tonight!

1. John Hill
    April 15, 2014 at 7:52 am

I saw it! So beautiful and amazing! Clear view from the field next to my house here in Utah. I hope you got a break in the clouds!

2. matthew
    April 16, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I’m in Teller right now and it’s clouds for days on Alaska’s west coast. My wife told me she say it from Anchorage and that it was awesome.

3. tumi
    April 21, 2014 at 1:01 pm

It was quite a sight, moon was low on the horizon so I had to go for a quick trip from our house to see it but it was well worth the sight and with an infant in the house I was up anyway.