Dawn Ell Fitzpatrick

I'm the one wearing the white dress 🙂

As a child, I lived between Fairbanks and Anchorage and then moved to Virginia for high school. I attended the University of Virginia for my undergraduate degree in Environmental Science and then returned home to Fairbanks. I worked as a water quality analyst here in Fairbanks and then on the North Slope before deciding to become a VISTA Volunteer at the Literacy Council of Alaska. Working with adult education students at LCA inspired me to return to UAF and earn my teaching licensure. Currently, I’m a science and math teacher at West Valley High School. This is my fourth year of teaching and I decided it was time to return to school and earn my Master’s degree in Education. My husband and I just bought a house in January, after 10 years of living in dry cabins. When I have time, I like to walk my dogs, read books solely for my pleasure, and visit with friends.

*A side note on my name- my first name is Dawn and my middle name is Ell. My friends and family call me Dawn Ell, but I also respond to Dawn.